You need to bring your planner to school every day and have it out on your desk every lesson (including form time). Your planner is a place where you can record information, homework and achievement stamps.
To help you develop excellent attitudes to learning both in and out of the classroom you will find a Behaviour for Learning (BFL) grid in your planner. If you do not meet our high expectations staff will write a comment in your planner under one of the following categories.
|B||Behaviour for learning||U||Uniform|
|L||Late to lesson||E||Equipment|
If you receive 6 comments in one week you will be issued with a 1 hour detention. Planners must be kept in good condition and graffiti free. If your planner is found with graffiti or damaged you will be expected to buy a replacement planner.
Please co operate with all members of staff and hand your planner over if requested – failure to do this will result in you working in the Behaviour for Learning Room.
In class behaviour
We expect you to be your best and follow classroom expectations at all times (see the classroom expectation diamond P17). Pupils who do meet our high expectations will be rewarded by their teacher every lesson with an achievement stamp in their planner. These stamps will convert into points that you can spend in the Westborough online Sleuth shop. You will also receive regular certificates and phone calls home from key members of staff throughout the year depending on the amount of points you are awarded.
You are expected to bring the correct equipment to school every day
These items should be carried in a bag which is large enough to hold an A4 folder.
The school code of conduct should be followed at all times:
- follow instructions from staff, first time, every time
- carry your planner with you at all times
- hand over your planner when asked by any member of staff
- be polite and show respect for other people and their property
- walk around the school sensibly and quietly keeping to the left
- wear your school uniform correctly at all times – no hats/caps/ hoodies/ coats inside school
- only eat in designated food areas at the correct time and place litter in the bin
- no chewing gum, sweets, fizzy pop or energy drinks at any time
- do not use your mobile phone or speakers (they will be confiscated)
- no illegal substances to be brought onto the school site (including cigarettes)
- respect the surrounding community before and after school
Failure to do so will result in a BFL comment in your planner or time spent in isolation depending on the severity of your behaviour.
Detentions run Tuesday to Friday evening and will be for either 30, 60 or 90 minutes. Teachers will write any detentions in your planner, we will also send a text to your parents on the morning of the detention day for information. Please refer to the detention flowchart for more information.
Student services is located in the quad and is the place to visit for any of the following:
- To speak to your year leader
- To use the telephone
- To access the toilet facilities
- For any medical issues
- For uniform, planner and equipment issues
- To collect Sleuth prizes
The Sleuth Shop
The Sleuth Shop is the place to trade your hard earned Sleuth points in exchange for a wide range of prizes. We have sports equipment, stationery, school ties and planners to name a few. You can also buy raffle tickets to enter the half termly prize draw which has larger prizes some of which have included Fitbits, iPod Touches and £50 shopping vouchers so make sure you log in regularly to spend your points.