Key Stage 4
In Years 10 and 11 our focus becomes more personalised as we identify programmes for individual pupils and help them with their applications to college, sixth form, apprenticeships or employment. Our Key Stage 4 careers programme aims to help pupils research and understand their choices and routes into education and training. This includes:
- Specific assemblies on careers aimed at encouraging pupils to think about their future pathway and potential career choices.
- Regular aspirational assemblies with Progress Leaders/SLT and teaching staff.
- Assemblies delivered by local sixth form colleges apprenticeship providers.
- A curriculum which enables pupils to acquire the key skills needed for both employment and further education.
- A strong, career education delivered weekly in form time which looks at the development personal and professional skills.
- Learning conversations with tutors.
- An annual career’s theme day which explicitly links curriculum learning to careers.
- An annual careers fair where pupils engage with outside agencies and employers.
- Year 10 pupils also get the opportunity to experience open days at colleges to explore and take part in subject taster sessions.
- Year 11 pupils receive 1:1 careers advisor meetings
- Pupils being signposted and advised to attend open evenings at colleges to explore their post-16 options
- Targeted Key Stage 4 pupils attending local apprenticeship events to help fully explore this option.
Key Stage 4 Yearly Breakdown