Key Stage 3
As soon as our students join Westborough High School in Year 7, we encourage them to start thinking about their future careers and the steps needed to achieve that ambition.
Years 7 and 8
- Assembly on Careers Advice given by Careers Lead which aims at encouraging pupils in this year group to think about their future pathways and potential option subjects.
- Regular aspirational assemblies with Progress Leaders/SLT and teaching staff.
- A curriculum which enables pupils to acquire the key skills needed for both employment and further education.
- Specific aspirations/Careers sessions in form time and RPS lessons.
- A strong, career skills focused PSHCE programme delivered every form time.
- Learning conversations with tutors.
- Regular small group opportunities for personal enrichment and meeting employers.
- Curriculum enrichment days which aim enable students to engage with outside agencies and employers.
Keystage 3 Yearly Breakdown