Key Stage 3
As soon as our students join Westborough High School in Year 7, we encourage them to start thinking about their future careers and the steps needed to achieve that ambition. The following table outlines the Careers education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) offered to year 7 and 8 pupils at Westborough High School.
Years 7 and 8
- Assembly on Careers Advice given by Careers Lead which aims at encouraging pupils in this year group to think about their future pathways and potential option subjects.
- Regular aspirational assemblies with HOY/SLT and teaching staff.
- A curriculum which enables pupils to acquire the key skills needed for both employment and further education.
Specific aspirations/Careers unit in the Enterprise and Ethics curriculum.
- A strong, career skills focused PSHCE programme delivered every form time.
- Learning conversations with tutors.
- Regular small group opportunities for personal enrichment and meeting employers.
- Curriculum enrichment days which aim enable students to engage with outside agencies and employers.