Key Stage 3
As soon as our pupils join Westborough High School in Year 7, we encourage them to start thinking about their future careers and the steps needed to achieve that ambition. Our Key Stage 3 careers programme will support pupils in their planning and choices of GCSE subjects. This includes:
- Careers advice assemblies which aim to encourage pupils to think about their future pathways and potential option subjects.
- Regular aspirational assemblies with Progress Leaders/SLT and teaching staff.
- A curriculum which enables pupils to acquire the key skills needed for both employment and further education.
- A weekly careers session where a program of careers information is delivered and all pupils take part in careers activities.
- Specific aspirations and careers sessions during religious and personal studies lessons.
- Learning conversations with tutors.
- An annual careers theme day which explicitly links curriculum learning to careers
- An annual careers fair where pupils engage with outside agencies and employers.
Key Stage 3 Yearly Breakdown