Are you eligible to apply for Free School Meals for your child?
If you are eligible, please make sure you apply – your child will get free meals and the school will also benefit from extra funding.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
Please see the Kirklees web page for full information on how to apply for free school meals, or fill in this online Kirklees application form.
Remember that children on free school meals no longer have to use a free school dinner ticket as payment is made using a prepay cashless system. Only the school computer will know which child is on free school meals, and accounts are credited automatically each day.
If you would like more information, or help completing an application form, please contact the school’s Business Manager who will be happy to help.