GCSE Results 2019
We are pleased to report our exam success in 2019. We are a truly inclusive school and do not ‘off roll’ to enhance our performance figures. All our results therefore include a number of pupils who attended alternative provision. At Westborough High School pupils follow a curriculum which lets them study a wide range of subjects from physics to drama. These results now mean that our 2019 cohort will be able attend a range of high quality colleges, sixth forms and apprenticeships next year; we look forward to hearing of their continued success.
Congratulations to all!
Key Performance Indicators
A few of the highlights
- Provisional results for 2019 suggest a positive Progress 8 score of +0.1. This indicates the Year 11 cohort exceeded national expectations
- 22 % of students achieved a grade 7+ in English Language.
- In chemistry and physics 35% and 32% achieved the highest grades of 9-7
- Attainment in BTEC sport and business continues to exceed national averages with more than 30% of students securing the highest grades of distinction /distinction*.
- At the government’s defined strong pass, results remained stable. 23% of students achieved a grade 5+ in both English and maths compared with 25% in 2018
- At the government’s defined standard pass, results remained stable. 45% of students achieved a grade 4+ in both English and maths compared with 49% in 2018
- In terms of individual successes, 19 students (10%) gained at least five Grade 7s or higher and 10 students gained at least eight Grade 7s or higher. In total 11 grade 9s were awarded to students in 2019, demonstrating the very highest achievement.