Behaviour For Learning
We expect all Westborough pupils to:
- Have excellent attendance
- Arrive to lessons on time with correct equipment – ready to learn
- Give 100% in all learning experiences
- Wear the Westborough uniform responsibly and with pride
- Look after each other and the environment
- Move around the building calmly and quietly
Pupils need to bring their planner to school every day and have it out on their desk each lesson (including form time). The planner is a place to record information, homework, and positive achievements. Planners must be kept in good condition and graffiti free.
Around school expectations
- Follow instructions from staff, first time, every time.
- Carry your planner with you at all times.
- Hand over your planner when asked by any member of staff.
- Be polite and show respect for other people and their property.
- Walk around the school sensibly and quietly keeping to the left.
- Wear your school uniform correctly at all times – no hats/caps/ hoodies/coats inside school.
- Only eat in designated food areas at the correct time and place litter in the bin.
- No chewing gum, sweets, fizzy pop or energy drinks at any time.
- Do not use your mobile phone or speakers (they will be confiscated).
- No illegal substances to be brought onto the school site (including cigarettes).
- Respect the surrounding community before and after school.
In class expectations
We expect pupils to be their best and follow classroom expectations at all times. Pupils who do meet our high expectations will be rewarded by their teachers with praise points. These points are added to pupil class charts accounts and convert into currency that can be spent in the Westborough online rewards shop. Pupils will also receive regular certificates and phone calls home from key members of staff throughout the year depending on the amount of points awarded. We also run a wide range of rewards initiatives throughout the year from VIP events to prize draws.
Detentions run Tuesday to Friday evening and will be for either 30, 60 or 90 minutes. Detentions will be logged on class charts and parents will be informed via the class charts app. The detention register is displayed everyday in Student Services and it is the pupils responsibility to check if they have a detention. Failiure to attend will result in the detention time being increased.
Pupils are expected to bring the correct equipment to school every day. As a minimum pupils should bring:
These items should be carried in a bag which is large enough to hold an A4 folder.